Monday, May 16, 2011

Folk Gifts from the ABC

You know how there's nothing to watch on TV? Well, there IS a pretty good radio channel - ABC's Dig music and yesterday I caught a cover version of Joni Mitchell's River. It's an ever so folky version by Angus Stone, so if you don't like Angus Stone or folky guitar, well, I'll have something you'll like another day.

River


Actually, I DID see something good on TV. Most things I like are from just two networks - SBS for foreign movies like Volver, Monsieur Ibrahim, Goodbye Lenin and Memories of Murder, and their simple but usually interesting Global Village documentary series.

ABC can have some good stuff too though, like this video I saw on TV the other day:
Waltz for Richard

I now love this sister act named "First Aid Kit". Just the medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment