Tuesday, July 19, 2011

J'adore des stéréotypes



After a year and a half dating a Frenchman I am finally taking some proper classes at the Alliance Francais so that I might understand a word he says. No, he and my French flatmate both have very good English but as I don't speak French, they are polite and speak English all the time so I can understand. It would be great for us all to be able to have conversations in French, non?

So to celebrate my imminent mastery of the language, and a year and a half since this frenchman and got to talking croissants and Jacques Cousteau, here's a song about wonderful French stereotypes, made by Kiwis.




I love the 60's styling of the clip - an apartment we stayed in in Paris had such brilliant 60's style (as in it hadn't been redecorated since then)- massive patterned and colourful wallpaper everywhere and nothing but floor lamps for lighting. I better go learn some past tenses so I can write 'I loved it!' in French.

1 comment: