Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Big Orange Splot

He was carrying a can of bright orange paint - No-one knows why.

This picture book was one of my favourites as a kid so after the surprise online discovery with the last book I looked for, I had a go at finding this one. Maybe it's on my mind as Australia has boab trees which before I moved here only existed for me on the pages of that book! Perth also has some awful everything-the-same suburbs which make me cringe. This story is bound to make you smile, though!

I really like the way they read this even though there's a small glitch in the middle. They also have a special way of staying Mr Plumbean's name. Maybe because all New Zealanders are on a first name basis and 'Mister!' is a novel word? Also funny that the first result I found for this book was read by Kiwi kids, eh?


The Big Orange Splot by Daniel Pinkwater

No comments:

Post a Comment